Tuesday 12 July 2011

It's the Little Things

Shalom:
First, thanks to all who left wonderful, encouraging messages. Trust me, they mean a lot.
Right now, as I type this, I am wating for the pain medication to kick in. Mark had to chance my dressing. I have small toes; he has big hands, which leads to lots of pain.
Afterwards, Mark just holds my foot in his lap, stroking it softy.
Its those little things that mean the most.
How often we take the little things, like toes, for granted until their hurt in some form or fashion. Our teeth until they start hurting. A loved one until they die.
We go through this life taking so much for granted.
The little things.
I now giggle as I hop along the house. It takes my right toe to keep my balance. But how often did I take my balance for granted, just kicking my shoes off when I come home or run through the house.
One of the things I am learning during this time is living a life of Thanksgiving. To give thanks for all things; big and small.
Like my big right toe.

No comments: