Thursday 3 March 2011

Women's History Month

To my Beloved:

Hello everyone, I want to give you my thoughts on women’s history month by writing about the most wonderful woman in my life: my wife – my Beloved. She is the best thing that ever happened to me. I truly do not know what I would do if she was not in it.

This is one of my favorite scenes from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, and it says everything I want to convey about the importance of my Beloved. My wife is a model Jewish woman -- She is the bedrock of this house. Yes, I am the head of the family, but she is the master of this home. She makes sure that everything is just right. She is a nurturer.

I would love to hear your thoughts. 

Shalom,
Mark


2 comments:

betty said...

I think you both compliment each other very well; truly you are God's best for Lainie and Lainie is God's best for you; it is what every couple should strive for and be willing to walk away from if who they are dating is not God's best. I am sure both of you spent much time in prayer before you made the commitment to get married :)

betty

Unknown said...

I confess to be fully blown away from Mark's words. I remember the evening he asked me to share his life with him; words of love straight from the heart, in front our congregation. And six years later, he still proclaims his love for me. I stand amazed and humbled by the love G-d showed me by giving me such a treasure as a husband.