Monday 22 July 2013

Welcome Little Prince

Shalom:
Just before retiring for the evening, I had heard on the telly that the Duchess of Cambridge had gone into labor and on her way to hospital. St. Mary, the very same hospital the Duke of Cambridge was born.
So this morning, after prayers, I checked the news.
No baby.
So I went about Monday's chores, doing laundry and keeping my eye on the Fox News Cam.
So many of my friends were also waiting. Adding to the excitement is that a friend in Virginia is about to give birth to her third child.
Not yet.
And then, 2:45pm UK time, came the news we were all waiting for...
From all news sources, mother and son are doing fine.
The birth of a child. With all the sad news we have had to deal with these past few weeks, the world's spirits is renewed with the birth of a child.
Yes, a big deal is being made over this child, because he is a Royal, heir to the throne of Great Britain. But does this mean we cannot rejoice over his birth, just as we would rejoice over the birth of any child?
For me, the birth of little Prince Cambridge reminds me that despite its pain and ugliness', the world is still a beautiful amazing place to live. That life is still beautiful.
Mazol Tov to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their first born child. May the little Prince live a long and happy life.

No comments: