Monday 11 April 2011

How do you know you are married...

Most joggers during their runs have to worry about...getting mugged, being chased by a dog, getting soaked by a sprinkler...you get the picture. The one theme is all of these occur outside... My mugging occurs before I even get out the door!
This morning I woke up, got dressed, and spent time saying my prayers. I had just finished that wonderful time and was getting ready to go for my jog when my wife came out of the bedroom. She was talking to me about something else when she stopped, looked at my shirt, my new shirt that I had not even gotten to wear once, and said it was a nice shirt that would look better on her than me... Guys, you know how it goes... your wife sees the shirt, and smiling sweetly says, “That's a nice shirt--It would look better on me... (smile)” What can I say; she flashes that beautiful smile and hypnotizes me with those beautiful brown eyes... Before I knew it, she stood there with the shirt on. She said, “See, it does look good on me—see how it fits,” as she modeled it for me.
 I mumbled, “Yes babe, it does…” Now of course I could not go outside without a shirt, so I headed into the bedroom and put another one on. Now off for my jog, before I lose any other pieces of clothing...

3 comments:

Tami Webb said...

Just wait til you two have a daughter! You will have to hide all your Tshirts and p.j. bottoms because Daddy's Tshirts are little girls' favorite "night gowns" and when she's a teenager, your p.J. bottoms will disapear! Because Daddy's p.j. bottoms make the best lounging around clothes! Oh, and ties have been known to also disapear..And Nothing beats padding around the house on a chilly day with a pr of Dads big socks on the feet! So really,you should thank your wife...As she is just breaking you in for whats to come!

Unknown said...

Now, dear....you do like seeing me in your shirts, remember? You said I looked cute :)

natalie said...

hehehhe! I'm sympathetic becasue she doe slook adorable!
love and hugs
natalie
Lurkynat