Friday 30 April 2010

the Start of A New Day

Boker Tov;
Well, last night the second night I had a good night sleep. Yes, the Big Grey Beast is still here. Marty, I can say our relationship is improving.
This morning Mark called. He had a few minutes before he had to to a meeting. His boss is being promoted, so the guys (no more gals, they are now home) were working on a gift for the Major.
As we spoke I could hear the choppers coming in, followed by, "Mail Call!"
This was followed by, "here sir!"
The Carepackage I had send him last week arrived! What a great way to begin the morning and Shabbat for both of us!
So now that my day has begun on such a high note, it is time to prepare for Shabbat.
I am making a seafood salad today. I found fake Krab meat in the Kosher section yesterday (this one really doesn't have crab meat, like most do) I have been enjoying fake krab meat for years. Even the scent of sheelfish makes me ill.
After chopping both the krab meat and the salmon, then mixing them together, I season this mixture with a teaspoon of garlic, onion and enough greek salad dressing (my is homemade) to make the fish damp. Cover and allow to sit in the fridge all day. It is served on a bed of spinach and any salad veggies of your choicing. I like to serve this with lemon-lime aide and melons for dessert.
And yes dear blogger friends, if your ever in Virginia, there is a place at our table for you.

2 comments:

Marty said...

What a great coincidence that you were on the phone with Mark when the care package arrived. What were the odds of that happening! P.S.: Your dinner sounds yummy.
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

I think it's awesome. Mark that he has never known that to happen. And the salad was ymmy. And frankly, so very simple to make.
Laini