Tuesday 13 January 2009

An Early Bird?


Boka Tov:
I have a confession to make; I am not a morning person.
When we were first engaged, I asked Mark if he knew how to make coffee. That skill would save his life one morning.
Mark would tell you it has several times.
As a former LPN I sometimes had to pull a morning shift, but as an night owl I prefer the last shift. I do manage to get up for my morning prayers and I love my time with Mark during those times, but frankly, there are times it takes an act of Congress to get me out of the bed in the morning.
But for the past several days, except for those few days I had a bad cold, I have been getting up just before sunrise.
And I wide awake.
Without coffee.
OMG! I'm turning into my mother!

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

I have a confession - I am not a morning person either, I am most active and most alert during the evenings lol

Beth said...

Haha! Isn't it funny to recognize your parents' behavior in you?

I'm a totaly nightowl, too, so I understand.

Hugs, Beth

betty said...

I'm a morning person married to a night owl and our son is a night owl and our daughter a morning person

I think sometimes turning into our mothers are good things :)

betty

DB said...

I know, I know, I know already. I used to work the all night shift at a radio station and I loved it. Then they put me on the morning news shift. I had to be there at 5:30 a.m. I did it but i didn't like it and everyone knew it. D

Ken Riches said...

I cannot imagine a morning without coffee :o)

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Good for you! Early to bed, early to rise ...!
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

Not to worry Buck: I still had my coffee :)