Tuesday 6 January 2009

A Good Day For Tea

2009 glasses
Shalom:
It is a cold, rainy day here in Virginia. Mark went for his run anyway, but I made sure he was dressed warm. This weekend is he has drill, so between job search and PT, we are spending as much time as we can together.
It is the last day of the Holiday season.
I rmember from celebrating what is known as 'Old Christmas' this is the twelve night and it was bittersweet. For it was the last night of the holiday and yet the joy of looking forward to the next one.
True as children we would have gone back to school, but there was still much joy in the evenings.
No, it wasn't the perfect childhood, but I do like to forcus on the good memories and not the bad.
While I am looking forward to see what 2009 holds for us, I know that the last three and half years have been the best years of my life.





3 comments:

Joan said...

Twelth Night here means all Christmas decorations must be down and look oot not to miss anything. Love Joan.

betty said...

when I was growing up we never took down the Christmas tree until after 1/6; my mom called it the Feast of the Three Kings and sometimes we got small gifts on this day

glad you and Mark are able to spend time together Laini; no matter what the weather :)

betty

Unknown said...

Betty: so did we :)