Sunday 18 January 2009

Shabbat With The Prost

Boka Tov;
It has been a busy few days and finally I have few minutes to breath.
Friday evening, as I wrote in my last entry, Mark and I were invited to Sturat and Debbie's for Shabbat Supper.
We had such a wonderful time. Sturat said the blessingss from the Siddur (Prayer Book) given to him when became Bar Mitzvah. The wine was Ben Ami from Galilee, a fruity wine that has a hint of pineapple. It was nice and just perfect with the meal of mixed veggies, cous-cous and salmon. Very much like a meal I would have serve. Debbie made Challah and was concern if it turned out when. We all assured her it would be fine and it was.
It was the first time they had celebrated Shabbat in their new home and we were honoured to their first guest.
They shared about their trip to New York for the Holidays, both Deb and I going through PT (me for my hip, Deb for her shoulder) exchanging stories.
Ther was a very rich chocolate cake that was served for dessert, and we all had tiny pieces. Debbie gave the rest to us to serve the following evening.
It was a wonderful evening, still bitter cold outside, but we enjoyed the warmth of friendship.

No comments: