Sunday 8 February 2009

Baking Day

Boka Tov (Good Morning)
Thank you to all who prayed for Mark. He is feeling so much better and is up and about. He even feels well enough to go and pick up his paycheck. But he also knows to keep taking it easy; still on OJ and chicken soup.
I plan to make chocolate chips cookies today. Mainly because I have to start preparing the house for Passover in a few months. I have tons of flour and yeast leftover from the hoilday and I have to start using it. And since I am able to stand longer on my feet, I am back to baking. Something Mark is looking forward to.
But the cookies will not remain in the house long!
Since we both are losing weigh, I will keep a few for us, but the rest will be given as gifts for family and friends.
If you wish a batch, write me a private e-mail with your home address and I shall send a box to you. Trust me, my waist-line will thank you.

4 comments:

Beth said...

That's very sweet of you, Laini, but that's one reason I don't do a lot of baking! If they aren't around, we can't eat them. :)

Beth

Lisa said...

I'm happy to hear Mark is feeling better. I think chocolate chip cookies will make him feel even better :) I hope he continues to improve.

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
What a nice offer! I'd take you up on it but, like Beth, I'm trying to avoid the temptation!
Best,
Marty

betty said...

I'm glad Mark is feeling better Laini!!! I wonder if you checked with Soldier's Angels if they could use some of those delicious chocolate cookies that I know you are making

great that you and Mark are losing weight! a very healthy thing to do!

betty