Thursday 5 February 2009

We're Still Here :)

Shalom:
Hey everyone. I know it's been awhile. Between PT, Mark looking for work and the cold, we have been alittle busy. I keep trying to get to the jounral, but something comes up.
And really that is a good thing.
Since New Year, I have been planning to spend less time on the Laptop and more in the 'real world.'
Guess I finally made it. But I also have wonderful friends via the internet that I need to keep in touch with. So I am finding that happy balance.
PT is going well, but the cold snap we are going through is making things slow going. I have lost the 20 pounds I gained from the medication and feel great.
Mark has a part-time job as a Tax-preparer, we are still waiting to hear if he is going to Fort Bragg soon or not. I have mix feelings about this. North Carolina is a lot closer than Iraq ( four hours), but it does mean a short speration until I could move near him.
It is all in G-d's hands.
We have made our lives simplier. We spend more time at home after Shabbat services (Shabbat naps are wonderful.) A friend gave me a large portion of venion, so I made venion stew fore the very first time Sunday. Treating it as I would Lamb. it came out great. So tomorrow, I am going to mix some of my lental soup into the venion stew. I think it will be awesome.
Next weekend is Mummie's birthday. The Assistance Living home is giving her a birthday supper while Mark and I have been invivted to attend. I am taking the pictures of my sister's visit from last month as well as some pictures of my sister and I as children and making it into a photo album as one of her birthday gifts.
One of the pictures, the one of mummie with my sister and I, I am having framed. I will also send it to my sister.
I think they both will like it.
It is still cold here in Virginia.
Where is Global Warming when you really need it?

6 comments:

Ken Riches said...

Sounds like things are starting to move forward in a postive way :o)

Beth said...

Glad to hear you and Mark are doing well, Laini. I was just thinking about you the other day.

I'm with you...I'm so ready for spring!!

Hugs, Beth

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good to see your entry. You aren't the only one that has taken a break. Hope all works out for the best for the 2 of you.

Lisa said...

I'm so happy everything is going well for you & Mark. Looks like 2009 is going to be a good year!!!

Joan said...

Nice to hear from you and glad you are OK. Hope Mark can find work soon or get hes transfer. Keep warm Love Joan.

betty said...

sounds like all is going good, Laini! I think its wonderful that you are concentrating on other things too rather than just journaling; I'm glad Mark is at least doing some type of work right now to keep a bit busy there; that stew sounds wonderful!

I'm taking a break from journaling myself for about a month or so; will check in as I can :)

betty