Tuesday 24 February 2009

Four More Weeks

It is a nice, sunny day here.
Mark is out for his morning run. I just gave myself an eye bath. Both trees and flowers are beginning to bloom and what I thought was the return of a cold turns out to be allergies. Since I already had a doctor's appointment, I told her I had a cold and after exmaining me, said my ears, nose and eyes are filled with mucus, which is allergy. So, I had to start my allergy medication much earlier than usual.
And I have also lost another eight pounds.
Since I got off all of the pain medication six weeks ago, I have lost 25 pounds. Plus I am doing PT and with my increasing activity, so off it is coming.
My doctor is very pleased with my progress. She has agreed with my Therapist and has signed off on another four weeks of PT, so we can now work on my hamstrings.
I have one series of leg stetches that look all the world like I am doing the electric slde. Which is funny, because I don't know how to do the electric slide. My PT keeps forgetting to bring the music.
Well, yesterday, as I began the work out, I could hear in the back of my mind "another one bites the dust" and the next thing you know, I was jamming to the beat in my head. Mark was laughing so hard, he lost count, remarking I was having too much fun.
Hey, I take my fun whenever and where ever I can find it :)

3 comments:

betty said...

awesome with the weight loss Laini!! that's wonderful news!

so neat you had a fun celebration with your friends too!

betty

Ken Riches said...

Wonderful progress :o)

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Congratulations ... it sounds like your work with the PT is really paying off ... and you're having fun, to boot. Way to go!
Best,
Marty