Thursday 26 February 2009

Rocky Racoon

Boka Tov:
It is a beautiful morning; bright and sunny. Not sure if it is warm or not.
My eyes are so swollen from the allergies I look like Rocky Racoon. And as wonderful as the sunlight is, it hurting my swollen eyes.
So I use a warm compress on my eyes very few hours and Mark is going out to get me a pair of sunglasses. I can't even stand the lights on in the house.
I feel like a Vampire.
Which isn't Kosher.
Part of our breakfast was watermelon. And it felt so good as it went down my throat.

I tried on clothes I hadn't wore in about a year and had a Praise fit as each blouse, skirt and trousers went on nicely. Once one skirt doesn't fit as it should: I need to lose another ten pounds.
I hope those who follow this jounral don't mind my writing about my weigh lost. It keep me honest in my goals and I also from past experinece of reading someone esle's jourany to their health goals, that it is encouraging.
Because of a heart mummer, I have high blood pressure. My doctor tells me she can take me off the medication if I lose some weigh.
No brainer.
So, since we have already made changes in our diet, Mark runs and works out @ the Y as I am doing PT and stetches at home, I have already lost 25 pounds and more weigh lost will come.
I am not doing this to "look good." I already do.
Or to keep my husband's attention. He loves me just as I am; he just wants me to be healthly. Which is why it is glad not only his support, but we are parthers together in this deal
I chose to become healthy beacuse I wish to live a long, heathly life, serving G-d and loving my husband.
Now, if I can just get pass this allergie attack.
I look like a drug addict.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if you are not doing it to look good, it feels good to be on the down side of your weight scale as well as being healthy. I haven't had watermelon in so long but love it. I am going to make sure I get some since I'll be thinking of it now :-).
I just found you thru Lisa's blog but would not have grown tired of your speaking of weight loss anyway. It is a good thing and you should be proud. ~Mary

Unknown said...

yes, it feels great. I gain pounds of water due to medication I was taking for a sinus infection and then to start the healing progress of my hip. Now that I am off all of the meds, the weigh is dropping off as I work out and it feels great :)

Beth said...

That sounds great, Laini, and isn't it fun to have a "new" wardrobe?!

I hope your allergies let up soon. I spoke to my parents today, and my Dad is having a hard time with his allergies right now--in February!

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Glad that most still fit, you are doing great :o)

betty said...

Laini; I love reading about your weight loss! gives me incentive to keep plugging along on healthy lifestyle; I love how you listed your reasons for wanting to get healthy; you are right; you are already a beautiful woman (inside and out) and I know Mark adores you just the way you are, but it is true, to live a good fruitful productive life for the Lord we need to be as healthy as we can and make wise choices on what we eat and how we take care of our body! proud of you for taking the effort to do so!

betty