Saturday 7 February 2009

Quiet Shabbat

Shalom:
It is a quiet evening. We had to call the LandLord once again about the Heat. We were told there is a problem with the pipes and they are working on it.
Yesterday afternoon, Mark started complaining of a sore throat and awoke with a full blown cold. So we spend a nice quiet Shabbat at home as I took care of my beloved. Of course orange juice, tea and chicken soup were in order and right now Mark is feeling so much better. He even looks better.
It was just so nice to cuddle up with my honey this afternoon, closing out the world and just enjoying each other's Presence.
And G-d's.

8 comments:

betty said...

hope Mark feels better soon, Laini! but I know with you nursing him back to good health, before long he will be up and running again!!

(see, I'm still here; just taking a break from making entries and really getting a lot done around the house!!)

betty

Unknown said...

Mark is feeling so much better. His ear were hurting him this morning and praise G-d, they popped open and he has been getting better ever since.
And I understand about needing a break and housecleaning. I needed to do the same as well as forcus on PT.
My therapisy says if I keep doing as well as I am, she is cutting me loose in two weeks :)

Ken Riches said...

A little OJ and soup works wonders.

Beth said...

I'm glad Mark is feeling better! There's a lot of "crud" going around!

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Sorry to hear about Mark's cold ... and no doubt the fact that the heat wasn't working properly didn't help. Mark is lucky to have you looking out for him!
Best,
Marty

Clyde said...

G-d must have heard your prayers. It's supposed to be 65 today. Can you believe it??? These rapid changes in the pressure affect my fibromyalgia so I guess it does something to ears and sinuses,too.
Enjoy the weather while you can. I'm sure it's shortlived.

Unknown said...

Clyde: 65? well that explains why my hip doesn't hurt. Yes, I do plan to enjoy this weather and lack of pain as long as it lasts.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I'm glad Mark is feeling better hon. Sometimes the best moments are those spent alone at home. Hope your landlord gets the heat issues worked out soon. (Hugs)Indigo