Thursday 19 February 2009

A Week of MileStones


Boka Tov:

This week hs been a week of milestones.

Sunday, we celebrated the 75th birthday of my mum.
The youngest of seven children, she has not only outlived them, but has lived the longest. My grandfather Pink (yes, Pink) died in his 50 from Black Lung. Grandmother Callie lived to be 76, but was very sick. My Aunt Lola lived the longest at 71.

The Assistance Care Home where mummie lives hostes a wonderful dinner in her honour (prime rib) and we as her family had a table to ourselves as the home celebrated mumie's special day.

Monday, the Therapist tested the strengh of my hip. It is 80-85% healed, the strengh is very close to where the left hip is. So everyone is quite pleased. Now, the focus is on my upper leg, since my hamsting and upper thigh muscles are not only tight, but weak. So I will have another four weeks of PT. The good news, I will indeed make a full recovery.

Last month, both the Therapist and the doctor wasn't so sure.

Mark has a part-time job working taxes. While he would love more hours, it is a job and it brings some income. We are still waiting to hear about the post at Fort Bragg.

We had a wonderful V-Day. having a romantic supper of chicken soup since we were both getting over colds.

But we also had strawberries and chocolate cups, along with a glass of wine.

Ah love......

3 comments:

betty said...

so glad you guys had a nice Valentine's Day Laini! its neat your mom lives in such a nice place that they take care of everyone so considerately and thoughtfully; off to look at the pictures from her party

betty

DB said...

Ah love, indeed. Good for you with the chicken soup, the universal rememdy, and I'm sure the strawberries and cocolate helped, not to mention the wine. It all sounds good to me. DB

Merry'sthoughtshopesdreamsandshemes said...

It was great to hear about your Mom's Birthday. I hope to live as long as I can be healthy! My Mom lived to be 83. That would give me like 18 more years! The one thing I know is the older you get the faster time goes!! Yikes! I best not waste a day of it!

I am so pleased you will make a full recovery, boy you have been through a lot. I am sending you hugs and prayers.
Love,
Merry