Tuesday 2 June 2009

Different Year, Same Manure

Shalom:
While standing in line, waiting for my refill, I couldn't but hear a rather interesting conversation.

The President is the best thing that has happne to the Amercian people in years.
The President will right the wrongs of our nation and regain our standing in the world.
No, your wrong! He is destroying this country! We are the laughing stock of the world. he is arrogrant and doesn't about anyone who doesn't support his point of view.
Funny, I remember hear this coversation last year. About Mr. Bush signing papers to my own bunsiess.
When I think about it, i heard the same thing when Mr.Bush took office eight years ago.
I remember hearing this same conversation when Mr.Clinton first took office on my way to work as a Private duty LPN.
I remember hearing this same coversation at the nursing station when Mr. Reagan took officee.
Funny, only the names have changed.
While the nation continues to go to hell in a handbasket.
Manure slinging. That great American pasttime.
And people wonder why I won't let Mark enter politices.

2 comments:

betty said...

oh my gosh, Laini, this is so true isn't it?? and our country keeps going downhill, because honestly, I think morally we are going downhill as a country. We kill innocent babies (abortion) and we re-define marriage (same-sex marriages) (when I say "we" I don't mean you/Mark/me because I know where you stand on those issues, but I mean we as in our country) and we took God out of the schools. No wonder we are in the mess we are in as a country. It doesn't matter who would be president. If that president and this country is not God fearing and God loving and serving the Lord, this country will continue to keep going down, down, down, down, down........

betty

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
It's tough ... I often marvel at these kinds of discussions, where everyone seems so "polarized." I agree with you that it can be tremendously frustrating. However, at the same time, I also appreciate how everyone is at least entitled -- and able to -- express their views freely in America. Hopefully, in the end, that will help keep us from going to hell in a handbasket ...
Best,
Marty