Monday 1 June 2009

Summer Time at Last




Shalom:
OK, summer isn't really until 21 June, but for me, Summer begins June first.
Something about the sun seems to feel warmer and hangs about longer like a dear friend.


Time for lemon-aide, SunTea and grilling salmon on the grill. I plan to buy one of those tiny little grills you can use on the fire-escape. Time for salads, fried chicken, watermelon and mint chocolate ice cream.


And getting up at 6 a.m to speed walk it all off.


Mark comes home tomorrow evening. Actually around 10p.m.


And we have six wonderful days ahead of us.


I have already started planning our getaway. Williamburge of course.


We would take in a Broadway Show, but army captains don't rate for obtaining AirForce One.


This evening, after I finish the task I have set for myself, I shall paint my toenails pink.


Another one of my summer traditions: nail polish on-shoes off.


I shall wash and braid my hair and get ready for my big guy's arrival.
I have missed that man.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm sure you'll have a lovely reunion. :)

betty said...

enjoy your time together Laini and Mark! I'm sure your trip to Williamsburg will be so very special and fun!!!

I do love summertime too, so relaxing even in the midst of work, just a different feel from the routines of winter and the coolness (even in So. Calif.) of the winter air

Have a wonderfultime with Mark!

betty

I Have Tea said...

I believe summer and tea was where I came in before, and only fitting that it's where I make my re-entry.

enjoy your time with Mark and the freedom of summer. it's good to read you again.