Tuesday 15 December 2009

The Best laid Plans

Boka Tov:
Well my wonderful plans fr Hanukkah went down the toilet with my breakfast.
Two weeks ago I had a doctor's visit and had the swine flu shot.
And got sick.
Oh, it wasn't too bad the few days, just a sore throat. But then, Thrusday, the aches and fever came and by Friday, all I could manage was the lighting of the first candle.
Mum Reel took me to the store earlier in the day and I barely made it through. But I picked up much needed juce and soup fixing and frozen laktes.
They weren't that great and I missed my sour cream. And there was no way I could eat a jelly dougnut and keep it down.
So I never got to order the goose, make the Hanukkah Gingerbread House or even have my Hanukkah tea.
I have spend the Holy Day sick in bed, other than opening the gifts Mark send and lighting the candles.
So what have we learned through all of this?
That it sucks to be alone and sick during the Holy Days.
Since I am beginning to feel somewhat human again, it is time to slowly begin to air out the house and wash things down, getting rid of the gems from my being sick.
And who knows, I still might get to that Gingerbread House yet.

3 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
So sorry to hear you got sick. I hope it wasn't due to the shot.
Best,
Marty

betty said...

oh Laini, I'm soooo sorry!! sounds like it was a dreadful time for you. I'm glad your mum was around to at least take you to the store for the few things you needed and probably to keep an eye on you too, but I'm sorry the holiday did not go as you planned. I would make the gingerbread house when you feel better; it is festive for the season so go for it :)

hope each day you feel a bit more better and like yourself

betty

Unknown said...

Marty: it was. My doctor did tell me there was a small chance of my getting a "touch of the flu." It was more like a one-two punch.