Monday 28 December 2009

I Even Won a Game


Lailia Tov;
Well, I;m home.
And I miss my mother already.
I remember waking up this morning and having a cup of coffee.
Once again, alone. For I had gotten use to having the dark brew with my mother the past several days.
We had a wonderful time. We played Scramble. I even won a game.
Mummie was so proud of me.
So, you, as many of you have already figured out, I have a sevre form of dyslexia. How often I'd to come back and do a rewrite; correct a sentence, fix a mispelled word (or is it misspelled) etc. From time to time Marty gets me to giggle over my 'bowel of chicken soup', :)
Mummie said that she could see I have been working on my spelling (I have) and she was qite impressed. We played three games, I won one and she said I made her work hard for those two wins.
We also watched movies.
I can now say I am nolonger the only woman of colour who has never seem the movie, The Diary of A Mad Black Woman. It is such a good movie. Not just laugher, but the power of forgivness, the ablity to start over and making the choice not to allow yourself to become bitter.
I can see why the critics hated the movie: Tyler Perry's faith shoved throughout the film, yet it didn't slap you across the head.
Everyone I spoke to loved it and I plan to buy it so when Mark comes home we can watch it together.
I so enjoyed the peace and rest I had at Mummie's. But now it is time for me to return to my own world, my own life.
And I think the down time I'd had the past four days, I can do just that.

4 comments:

betty said...

welcome back home Laini; fun to play Scrabble with your mom and win a game. Being a transcriptionist, I never caught the bowel of soup, LOL; perhaps I thought it was part of the diagnosis, LOL

the halls were decorated beautifully at your mom's; what festivity that must have provided

betty

Marty said...

Hi Lanie,
Congratulations on the scrabble win. I'm sure you'd beat me ... I'm terrible at that game!
Best,
Marty

Beth said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time with your mother! Hugs, Beth

DB said...

Down time is always good for a person. Congratulations on your rspelling.

DB