Sunday 6 December 2009

It's Beginning to Look Like Hanukkah



Boka Tov:
I see the sun!
Yes!
Was beginning to forget what it looked like.
Today I begin to prepare for Hanukkah. I decided since Mark isn't here to keep it lowkey, but still enjoy the holy day.
There is a lovely poem I hear years ago called 'A Cup of Christmas Tea.' It is about a man who recieves a letter from his great-aunt, invivting him to come visit her for a cup of Christmas tea.
I heard it again on the radio last week and decided to do the same, but instead have a Hanukkah tea. Bake Haunkkah cookies and serve the teas of the season, which would almond and apple. I love almond tea, haven't it in years. I have a recipe for almond cookies as well and of course Hanukkah cookie cutters.
I also saw a pattern for a Hanukkah Giingerbread house and going to give that a go as well.
I just need to find a kosher goose and I'm all set.
Last week I was looking forward to Hanukkah with dread. My beloved isn't here.
But this week, I am looking forward to this season of miracles, of joy. Remembering Hanukkahs past with a smile and know my beloved and I shall share this time together in spirit.
Next year, G-d willing, we will be together.
But this year we shall share a cup of Hanukkah tea.

2 comments:

betty said...

that almond tea sounds delicious Laini! you always talk about the most interesting foods I have not heard of or tasted before

I think that is wise for you to celebrate Hanukkah, even low key, even though I know your heart will be with Mark

okay, need to know, what makes a goose kosher? what it is fed or how it is prepared?

betty

Dreidel said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.