Friday 23 November 2012

Date Night

Shalom;
Last Sunday was the second of our date night.
Of course we combined it with doing laundry, but it still works.
Naturally, Montaque had the best seat in the house.
So while the washing machines did their thing, we headed for the Starbucks just down the street for Peppermint Mochas.
I long for the day when the pumpkin spice is kosher as well.
It was a very nice evening, a little on the chilly side, but still made for a night evening out.
This was also a nice evening for taking pictures of Ghent. This is Fair Grounds, across the street from Starbucks. Texture is one of my favourite stores; the stores offers some of the most interesting gifts in Norfolk.
I have going to have to write an entry about Texture some time.
The Naro theatre. Builded 75 years ago, the Naro is an experience in itself. Entering the theatre is taking a step back in time, back to the 30s and 40s when going to take in supper and a movie was a night out. Rarely do Mark and I take in a movie that isn't played here. Another place to blog about soon.
My two guys, waiting for me to finish taking pictures, so we can get down to the real reason of our being out here; coffee.
As we sat and enjoyed our coffees, I noticed for the first time, the worry lines around Mark's eyes were gone. His laugh came easy, he smiled more. The tension was gone.
He took my hand and asked me what I was thinking.
"How much I love you,"
"Funny," Mark said, "I was thinking the same thing."

1 comment:

betty said...

Just love the last lines of this post Laini when you guys are expressing your love for each other! Love the picture too of your two special guys!

betty