Friday 23 November 2012

The Blessing of Family

 Shalom:
Yesterday, we had the joy of welcoming my mother to our home for the very first time. Here is little guy, enjoying being held by his grandmother. Mummie and Monti watched Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory while Mark and I finished supper.
Mummie even got to meet Peanut. Yes, it was love at first sight.
Our supper was a simple fair; collard greens, home-made cranberry sauce (Mark made that) and of course, turkey and stuffing. However, the turkey roasted rather quicker than I thought, so I had to prepare the stuffing on the stove. But it came out even better; it didn't dry out. This year, I tried to add apple bits to the stuffing; that Williamsburg touch. Everyone loved it.
Mummie brought the sparkling cider and the hot sauce. Mummie likes a bit of hot sauce on her food.
Monti and Peanut weren't left out; Peanut was getting her share of turkey from me, while Mummie and Mark shared the duty of feeding Monti.
Afterwards, as tradition, we played a game of Scramble..
Monti giving me some much needed help.
It was a very good afternoon. We talked and laughed, remembered times when Eileen and I were children and laughed over many of our misdeeds. Giving thanks for the many blessings we have; including our new home, Mark's new job and for our family who survived the blow of Hurricane Sandy when she hit New York.
The next time we knew, the sun was doing down and it was time for mummie return home.
Next time, we plan for her to stay with us a few days.

1 comment:

betty said...

Sounds like a wonderful time Laini! I'm sure your mom enjoyed the time with you all and you enjoyed the time with her! Monti looks like a great Scrabble player!

betty