Thursday 21 June 2012

It's Summer Time

Shalom:
Today is the first day of Summer.
I love Summer. Partly because I am a Summer baby (and Mark loves me anyway) but also because of freedom she offers.
No More Pencils, No More Books, No More Teacher's Dirty Looks....
Time to sleep in late and have cookout in the evenings; hot dogs and hamburgers, potato salad and watermelon. Listening to the guys on the street corner sing and playing Tag until midnight.
Summer time. The time I kick off my sneakers and about barefoot and paint my toenails to make the colours of my long skirts or dresses. Time when watermelon is included in every meal and I make lemon aide and Sun Moroccan Mint Tea. The time of the year I like to walk along the beach in the moonlight with the one I love.
My mother began the tradition in our family to pick a book or a book series for the summer. When my son Aries was growing up, it was The Narnia Series, a tradition I still hold to.
I can only hope and pray Aries is continuing with the tradition. And while there are a few books I have set aside, I will be making my yearly trek to Narnia.
Once a king and Queen in Narnia, always a king and queen in Narnia.
Tonight, Mar and I will start with The Magician's Nephew, with our little Monti curled up between us.
It seems Monti enjoys family story time as well.

No comments: