Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Affair With Watermelon

Shalom:
Since I was a babe in arms, I have had an love affair with watermelon.
I truly believe when the Creator made watermelon, He had me in mind.

I always referred to watermelon as a 'messy delight." Often mummy would get embarrassed as to I would drive face first into that green bowl of Rudy red luscious pulp, getting black seeds up my nose. But I didn't care. For me growing up, one of the signs of summer was the barrels of freshly picked watermelon, just waiting to be taken home and enjoyed.
One day, about two weeks ago, Mark  brought home a huge watermelon. Seeing the look on my face, he informed me it was on sale and knowing me, it would not go to waste.
So I followed him into the kitchen and after cutting the melon in two, he handed one half.
Yes, all mine....
Ahhh bliss....
About to enjoy the first bite....
Heaven....
You didn't want any, did you?
I didn't think so...

1 comment:

betty said...

how cute!! Love watermelon too; it is so refreshing on a hot summer day!

betty