Friday 11 June 2010

Excitment

Now I know where my glasses went....

Shalom:
I guess it goes without saying I am quite excited about Mark coming home some time next week. Because he came home with cancer after his second deployment, he has to go to Walter Reed for Cancer Sceening before he comes home. Thrus the delay.
But i rather wait a few days and he gets the all clear sign, than for him to be home now and several weeks later find out there is something wrong.
But I think he is ok. Plus, he is having pain in his feet and that needs to be checked.
Anyway, I am nearly beside myself planning his homecoming.
To be honest, there really isn't a lot I can do right now until I get an rentry date (see how military I'm becoming)
But there are special little things around the apartment I can do to that will both please him and keep me from grabbing the first GreyHound bus and going to get my man.
And after the last time, me and GreayHound still aren't speaking terms.
So, now it is time to prepare for Shabbat.
And G-d willing, next week Mark and I will welcome Shabbat together.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray! great news, I didn't realize the time was so close:)

betty said...

Koda will forgive you Laini (eventually) for having a cat picture on your blog (its a cute picture though :)

so excited for you both!! at least you know that Mark is so very close (but I know not close enough) and that within days you will be reunited!!

good that he's getting everything checked out too; always good to be safe in matters like this!

I know if he is home by next Sabbath that it will be a truly wonderful gift from the Lord to both of you!

betty

(funny, the word verification for leaving this comment was "matings" :)

Unknown said...

God Bless you Elayne! I know your counting down the days!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you Elayne! God bless you!!