Wednesday 16 June 2010

It's Worth It

Shalom:
So I dragged the three trunks into the study. They weren't that heavy.
Dinningroom regain.
Then after my shower and braiding my hair I head to the store.
 Man alive it is hot out there!
But I didn't get sick. However, I did catch a cab home.
And the driver was awesome. Not only did he load my bags for me, open the door for me, but carried the bags to my front door.
From the islands, so of course, he has courtly manners
After speaking to my mother, I put away the food and went to take a nap.
I'd been wondering if all Mark and I have gone these past several years; his coming home with cancer, chemo and radition, back to back deployments, delays one after another. Is waiting for retirement really worth all of this.
And then there are the people who make our lives so difficult inside and outside the service because we are army.
 Those americans who view my husband as a killer, a rapist, helping to steal another country land or worsr, trying to bring to its people freedoms we enjoy here, but take for granted.  Why not just quit and return to full-time teaching....






And then Mark sends me this picture. This is Mark gurading a set of Colours that were flown over ground zero in New York City. I looked at his face. The expression says it all.
It is worth it. As an officer in the Untied States Mark has vowed to guard those colours. And I stand behind the man.
Full circle. We were attacked on 9-11-2001. President Bush did not start this war; 19 men on a plane did. And what the world did not expect was we would hit back.
It has been said Amercians have no stomach-no guts when it comes to war. That when we start seeing the body bags flown home, we will go running to the White House and demand an end.
Some have done this.
My take; get the job done; make friends with the people; kick the emnies a@@ and bring them home when the job's done.
I want my man home; I need my man home.
But I remain a proud Cpt's wife.
Yes, it's worth it.

2 comments:

betty said...

that was a great picture of Mark, Laini. I think in each given situation we have to evaluate if it is worth it; it is good to know in this situation you came to that conclusion

betty

ocmist said...

That is a great picture and I'm sure it helps a little when you look at it. I wasn't married to my Mike while he was in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era, but I know that he has told me how awful it was when the people here at home treated him and his fellow service men like dirt, and it still hurts him to talk about it.

I guess Jesus felt/feels that same hurt when so many of the people He loves and died for don't care about what He sacrificed for them. I am still catching up on this blog, but have started prayer for you and Mark already for the things I've found out to pray for... Linda