Friday 5 February 2010

Boy, Did I Get letters :)


Boker Tov;
Well yesterday's entry hit a nerve.
A few folks left notes on my commnets, iniforming I was was wrong about the tea bagger slur, while others, who while didn't leave comments (I understand why) wrote me and told me I was quite correct.
Which gives me a giggle.
But the matter point about the entry wasn't about tea bags, but about someone I call friend. Someone who likes me, not because of who I am, but inspite of who I am. There are people who I have shared the faith, valves and if there is a disagreement, they have dropped me by The Biggest Loser drops pounds.
But a few days ago, Beth wrote me and there was something in her letter that gave me pause.
"Isn't blogging suppose to be fun?"
That's why I'd dropped a few myself. I find myself tired and stressed out from reading several and one just made me downright depress. And with Mark away, I don't need help. That's the purpose of LoveFromIraq blog, to get those feelings out.
So thanks for the letters; they were interesting to be sure.
And I shall work on getting the 'fun' bck into this blog.
But you are going to get history lessons this month: no getting around that.

3 comments:

betty said...

I'm not sure Lainie if blogging is supposed to be fun, but in my opinion it shouldn't be stressful or overwhelming. Blogs are people's thoughts that they want to share with whoever might read them and sometimes they don't write about fun upbeat things and that's when we decide if we want to read them, follow them, comment on them etc. But it shouldn't be overwhelming or stressful in feeling we have to comment on every single blog entry out there when we do have other priorities in our lives and I think some people get weighed down by that and that is when stress comes in. I'm always fine tuning the blogs I read and I drop some, add some, etc. Some are good for seasons I'm going through, some need encouragement or a kind word, etc. But I think we need to always remember to respect what a person writes whether or not we agree with it since it is their blog

looking forward to the history lessons; might not comment on them all but I will definitely read them

betty

Unknown said...

Thanks Betty for your words. I truly agree with you about the thoughts and feelings; I do it myself. I get a lot off my chest as a military wife. But I also think sometimes there should be some fun in blogs; life is stressful and hard enough and sometimes we not only need an uplifting word, but a good laugh. Nor do I leave a comment on every blog entry I read; if I did so, it would become a full-time job. I do what folks to come here with their cups of coffee or tea, read, think, and maybe, get a giggle.

natalie said...

dear Laini
you are great, inspiring and I always love your poss! come ny my blog and write comments for I love you!
that's it ina nutshell!
love,natalie