Monday 8 February 2010

Chilly Evening

It's chilly this evening.
We are to recieve more rain tomorrow and maybe more snow by the end of the week.
I just had a hotdog for supper this evening, not really feeling like I want to eat.
Just waiting for Mark to call.
He says they have indeed recived several inches of snow. We have been praying for it and he got it. The snow is needed for it is a major water supple as well as slows down the Taliban.
We do get to speak about three or four times a week unless he is in the field, checking on the various projects he has going. It is a relief to know that he is well guarded out there as well. Both by fellow soldiers and prayer.
I do believe G-d has His angels around Mark. No, not just Mark. But the Torah makes its clear that G-d does indeed sends His angels and gives them charge over His children.
And what if something happens to Mark? Did G-d blink? Did an angel fall asleep?
No, it was his time.
And knowing our lives are in His care gives me peace.

Going to bed early, with the phone beside me and the book I am reading right now, Amish Peace.. A very good book.
And you don't have to be Amish to partake of the wisdom here.
Evening all.

1 comment:

betty said...

I always pray when I pray for you guys that God will put a shield over Mark when he is in Afganistan and keep him safe. We always have to trust God knows the best, how hard it might be

betty