Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Reel Books

Shalom:
I am one of the few hold outs concerning the Kindle.
Not that I have anything against it. Mark has one. He brought it for his last deployment and found it quite handy.
But for me, nothing beats the feel of a book in your hands. The feel of paper on your fingers as you turn the page.
I remember many summers, lying in tall grass with the sun beating down on the back of my neck as I got lost in a thick hardback book. Or winter days, in bed with the flu, trying to balance a bowl of chicken soup and a paperback novel. And while much of my research for any subject is online, you can still find me heading the library or a bookstore.

Even now, sits on my nightstand three books I am reading.
Amoung them a book about Papillons.
For me, the Kindle just looks so cold and impersonal, whereas a book looks warm and inviting.
One day I might change my mind and actually try reading Mark's.
But for right now, I have a good book to finish.


Post a Comment