Monday 30 April 2012

Sharing the Laugher

Boker Tov (Good Morning)
For the past few days, people have been sharing their favourite I Love Lucy episodes. So I thought it would be a good idea to share laughs and memories. In these days when so many people are having hard times, I thought we all could use a good laugh.
And I invite my readers to share your thoughts; I shall add them to the blog as well.
This is Desi and Lucille on their wedding day. Miss Ball, noted for her enjoying the company of older men shocked everyone when her attentions turned to the younger, tall, dark and handsome Cuban Desi Arnaz. This is when I Love Lucy really began.
Wanting to work with her husband, I Love Lucy was loosely based on a radio show she had starred in, My Favourite Husband.
Miss Ball wanted also to stay away from Hollywood glamour. Instead, she wanted to be a full-time homemaker, married to a Night Club performer, with dreams of stardom herself.
And the show was a hit.

No comments: