Sunday 24 May 2009

Freedom

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you can read this in english, thank the U.S Military.

Shortly after we were married, Mark gave me this T-shirt. I wear it with pride. Because those words are short, but powerful."I have my rights!""I have the right to....!""It's a free country!""If I want to talk trash about the sitting President or the former President, I can. Freedom of speech, baby!"There are men and women who made the final formation and now laying a rest, in G-d good earth, who laid down their lives so that you can enjoy your hot dog and fireworks this weekend.Freedom is' free. It was paid for the blood of Marines, Sailors, Air Men and Soldiers. It was sealed by the tears of spouses and family members who laid them to rest.
I still miss you, daddy.

No comments: