Wednesday 13 May 2009

Plain Rude!

Shalom:
I was doing some work on my Laptop witht the Press Briefing on in the background. Not listening, just too lazy to get up and change the channel.
And then I heard it.
A cell-phone ringing.
Someone brought their cell-phone to the Briefing.
How RUDE!!!!!!
I am sorry, but could those who had their cell-phones put them on vibate? The ringing is disrespectful not only to Mr. Gibb, but the other memebers of the press. And the reporter who refused to hand over his phone until the meeting was over and left the room (rightly so) was gray-haired and should have known better.
I agree with Mr. Gibb; I would have taken the phone as well.
Yes, with a husband in the military and ailing parnets, I carry my cell-phone. But if I am in a store and my phone rings, I step out of line. When attending a worship service or a meeting, we put in on vibate.
We have a sign in front of our apartment: please turn off your cell-phone, or put it on vibate. Just as we don't hold phone conversations while we have family or guest, we expect the same respect of our home.
Ok, getting off my Soapbox....

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh, I'm with you, Laini. I thought it was hilarious when Gibbs said, "Give me the phone. Give it to me," and then tossed it into the back room. Ken and I are constantly amazed at the level of rudeness when it comes to cell phones. We were in a courtroom once and heard a cell phone ring, and the person answered it and walked out...despite the sign on the door that said "Please turn off cell phones. Violators will be removed from the courtroom and subject to contempt," or something to that effect. What part of that didn't they get?!

betty said...

I "hate" when a cell phone rings at church and it seems like there is always one a week at least. my hubby puts his on vibrate, I usually leave mine at home. I try to remember in the "olden days" we didn't have cell phones and we still managed to communicate with people so I leave mine home a lot unless I'm by myself driving some place or walking Koda and then I take it for safety.

betty