Monday 21 May 2012

Fresh Cut

Shalom:
Usually, I don't show my hair (modestly, you know) but today I decided to take off my hijab for a moment.
Due to the stress and depression, my hair has taken a beating. My lamb's locks were actually locking (a look I do not like). Despite the vitamins, the olive oil, coco butter, and coconut oil, the sheen was gone. My hair was dry and the ends were breaking.
And since we cannot afford for me to go to the hair dressers, I took things into my own hands.
Literally.
Sunday, after another deep conditioning (and while Mark was gone) I dividend my hair into six sections and then cut each braid about four inches. Praying the whole time.....
A few hours later, Mark came home and we talked for a few minutes. I asked if he noticed anything different.
Mark said: "yes, you conditioned your hair, it really looks nice..." then he took a closer look..."it's looks shorter..."
And then..."you cut you hair. It looks great. You look so sassy!"
Yeah, he likes it.
So now you see my auburn woolly mane, now with wisps of silver.
And for the record, my husband has informed me this is the last time I may cut my hair.
He likes it long.

2 comments:

A Child Of God said...

I would love to know more about the hijab.

betty said...

I like your haircut, Lanie. I did notice (just a touch) of the gray. It does look a bit sassy on you!! I have really thick hair and if it gets longer than my neck, in the hot weather it just makes me feel hotter, even if I put it in a ponytail and it is so heavy I can't put it up on top of my head or it will just start falling apart so I usually keep it a little short. But I can respect that Mark would like your hair long :)

betty