Tuesday 29 May 2012

My Dear Sister

Boker Tov:
It has been a while since I have had this feeling. A feeling of joy and wonder. The past several months, I have do this out of pain and tears, needing comfort.
But today I awoke with a tiny ray of wonder.
After the morning task are over, I shall curl up with my dear friend.
The Scriptures.
Not looking for answers, not looking comfort or to be encouraged. Just to spend time with the Holy One, Blessed be He and enjoy His Presence and His Words.
Torah, like wisdom is liken to a woman. We are to embrace Her and call Her our older sister.
Dear Sister, it has been too long.

1 comment:

betty said...

I am glad you woke up with that sense of wonder and joy, Lainie. Always great to spend time in the Scriptures; I'm sure the time spent there was well worth it this morning!

betty