Tuesday 14 April 2009

And Who's Dog is it?



Shalom:

With all the problems this nation is facing, one of the top ten news reports is the type of dog the first family has chosen and why some groups are up in arms.

Bo, the Portuguese water dog, a gift from Sen. Edward Kenndy, seems to have disappointed those who felt Mr.Obama broke a promise that the first dog would be a rescued dog such as one from a shelter.

But there is a problem with such dogs. Having asthma myself, when Mark and I finally chose a dog, we have to take the same precautions as Mr. and Mrs Obama did when concerning a recuse dog. Theirs as ours is complicated by daughter Malia's allergies, which would rule out many of the "mutts" the president has said he would preferred.

So, who should be Mr. Obama's concern when picking a pet for his daughters?

Animal right folks or his daughters?

Mr. Obama promised a dog to his daughters and it is their wealthfare that is and must be the concern of Mr. Obama.

As many of you know, I did not support Mr.Obama when he ran for office. But one of the things I do admire is his love and committment to wife and his children. He is a husband and father first, president second.

And that is how it should be.

Welcome to the White House Bo.

I know you shall be happy there.

3 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I tend to agree with you, though do wonder whether -- if they really looked -- they could have found a hypo allergenic dog that needed rescuing. Years ago, I volunteered for a dog shelter in my spare time and am pretty certain that some of the dogs there would have fit the bill. But, anyhow, this is a real tempest in a teapot if you ask me. The nation has a lot more to worry about than where Bo came from.
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

Amen to that.
Laini

betty said...

I do agree with what Marty said but I also agree that they had to do what is best for their family and the family's health

Koda is bummed though...............

he was hoping the First Dog would be a corgi :)

betty