Saturday 28 November 2009

Another Weekend

Lailia Tov;
Well it is the end of another evening. Soon the weekend will be over and another week begins.
I had a hard time sleeping last night, so i began a new book, one I'd read before and it was time to pick up again.
There are those times you just need to reconnect to who you are and Who's you are.
Mark did call this afternoon. How good it was to hear his voice.
I told him I had one of "those dreams" and we talked about it. One of the thing I love about Mark is that I don't have to worry about "it's just a dream, Laini, get over it!" He knows as well as I it happens and the the best think is to allow me to talk about it.
My sister-in-law reminded me of a song, years ago, called The Warrior is a Child. I love that song and need to dig it out.
It tales the tale of a warrior Who runs to her Heavenly Father for healing, to be picked up, for strenght. That no one sees what she/he goes through but G-d. We as believers are His arms, His eyes. We are to embrace each other when hurting, pick up the fallen and heal the sick. But too often, we tend to cause more hurts, let each other down, even leave each other in the mud. And it has nothing to do with being imperfect or human. It is pure and simple failing to live up what we claim to be.
And there are folks watching to see if we are who we say we are.
I have to remind myself of that when I'm at the UPS store.
So I am doing my hair and calling it an early night.
I think I shall sleep this time.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sleep well, sweet friend. God bless.

betty said...

I try to remember I'm an ambassador for the Lord; I'm representing him and his kingdom. I might be the only ambassador someone sees of him; I want to represent him well (even at the UPS store or post office)

I prayed that you would have sweet dreams and not sad dreams like the other night

betty