Friday 6 November 2009

Me and My Sari

Lailia Tov:
First, thanks to welcome who is praying for the soldiers and their families at Fort Hood. We are still trying to wrap our brain around the fact that one of our would do such a thing. Right after this, I learned that a sweet young girl I knew had died that evening as well. Out of respect for her family, I cannot go into details, just ask for your prayers for her family and friends who are left to mourn.
This morning was the day of having my protrait taken.
Last night I decided to wear the Sari Mark brought for me at the Indian Feastival in April. He hasn't seen me in it and so I thought this was a good time.
A Sari is a strip of unstitched cloth, ranging from four to nine metres in length that is draped over the body in various styles. The most common style is for the sari to be wrapped around the waist, with one end then draped over the shoulder baring the midriff.
I'd wore it once, having finally learned how to wear it period. And I love the look.


However, when I arrived at the store, putting on my lovely garment, it had a mind of its own. I realize too late that the petticoat I chose was too heavey and fought againt the Butterfly soft material of my Sari. It took 35 minutes and then my hair, which had been spilling over my shoulders like waves, was a massive mess and I had to rebraid it.
Anyway, the shot was over in 20 minutes. It was a lot of fun and I truly hope Mark his latest "Pinup."
Tonight I am making roasted chicken with stuffing and streamed veggies for Shabbat Supper.
And thinking about my beloved.

1 comment:

betty said...

bet you looked beautiful Laini and I know Mark will think the same thing :)

dinner sounds delicious!

I passed the link you had on your entry about Soldier's Angels to a friend here who is a quilter. She's definitely going to be sending some things that way (as I plan to do also :)

betty