Monday 2 November 2009

Chili Making and Goals


Lailia Tov:
The weather warmed up a bit and I headed out for the store.
It is Chili weather and it is time to make a big pot.
So, as I work on this entry, the Chili is in the kitchen, doing its thing.
Ah I can smell it even now.
But I shall be good and after it cools, put the Chili away until tomorrow.
Chili, like soups and stews are best served 24 hours after their made. Some of it I shall for the coming winter months.
Tonight, it is leftovers.
Since Mark is on his mission, as I stated on the other Blog LoveFromIraq (I need to change that title since he is in Afghanistan) I have my as well.
Part of it is taking care of myself.
Another is getting goals for myself, things I wish to do, to learn.
One is finishing the Blog, We Made Our Own Huppah. I'd stopped midway and I really need to finish it. I enjoy looking back on those early days, reliving that precious time in our lives and how they are the backdrop, the fountation of where we are today.
I have friends who are having babies and I need to get those colourful balls of yarn made into baby blankets. I also need to get in touch with a Hospic program and offer to make Afghans for ill patients. There is a comfort that a blanket made with prayer and love can bring.
Mark is sleep right now.
Sleep well, beloved.

2 comments:

betty said...

I love your apron, Laini!! that is sooo cute!!!

yum with the chili; that's a good idea to let it "sit/rest" whatever for those 24 hours; we tend to make and eat same day.

great goals for you to do while Mark is gone, especially taking care of yourself, as well as helping others with making blankets. I know when we lived in Montana, one of the hospitals gave out blankets for parents to hold their babies when they were in the NICU. And totally different, but on the same track, when we adopted our son, he arrived in a layette that someone had crocheted specifically for that purposed; they worked with the adoption agency. there is always a need for blankets made with love and prayers :)

betty

Unknown said...

Betty: wait until you see the one I got for Hanukkah :)