Sunday 1 November 2009

Two Weeks


Shalom:
Just got off the phone with Mark.
He leaves in a few hours for a two week mission, checking on the progress of his projects, meeting villiages elders and getting to know the people.
It is the last phone call for two weeks.
I'd known for a few days; Mark gave me a heads up about the upcoming mission and that where would be no contact after the First of November.
It is still hard.
This morning, around 3a.m, I awoke to the sound of ice hitting the bedroom window. The heat kicked on as the apartment cooled.
I was greeted with a grey, cold morning and made coffee and toasted half a bagel.
Some sun shone when Mark called, then went back into hiding when we rang off.
So this afternoon, instead of finishing The BookSeller of Kabul ( a rather depressing book) I am going to take a shower, braid my hair, order pizza and make it a Movie Day while I crochet a baby afghan for a friend who's having a little girl.
And pray.

2 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Oooh ... Ice hitting the window. Somehow it just seems too early for that. Beautiful afghan and, I'm sure, equally beautiful prayers!
Best,
Marty

betty said...

best thing to do is pray, Laini! I'm glad you are doing something fun for yourself today with the pizza and a movie and some craft time

glad you are participating in NaBloPoMo too!

betty