Tuesday 10 November 2009

NaBloPoMo: A Hard Day, A Painful Reminder

Lailia Tov:
If you watched the Memorial Service on the Telly this afternoon, you know how painful and yet moving it was.
I cried through the whole thing.
The blowing of Taps always rips at my heart.
For 13 families, this is just the beginning and I pray for each one.
It is hard enough dealing with a loved one in harm's way.
But to have on our shores...by one who wore the umiform....
I sat there, mourning with mums and dads, sisters and brothers, children, friends. Fellow soldiers. Our hearts are broken, but not our spirit.
As always we shall go on.
Our fallen soldiers would expect nothing less of

2 comments:

betty said...

amen to that, Laini! keeping them in my prayers

betty

natalie said...

Laini!
hugs!
I am so sorry for this terrible loss!
We should honor those men and women and give them the attentiona dn lvoe they deserve
love,natalie