Tuesday 23 March 2010

America The Ugly

Shalom:
Now, someone tell me that THIS is ok. Tell me, members of the Tea Party, why you allowed this?
And what is interesting, there are men and women, like my husband who are fighting for these fools Freedom of Speak.
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sorry Tea Party, Mark and I were for awhile with you. But if this is what your about, if is what you will allow (what you allow, you condone) you lost us.
Funny, if this wasn't a protest, these signs would be considered a Hate Crime.

3 comments:

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
I really worry about these so-called Tea Parties. Everyone has a right to protest, express themselves and etc., but these hateful messages have gone too far. The racial slurs and insults are bad enough, but now they've also taken to throwing bricks through windows and physically threatening lawmakers who don't agree with them. It's disgusting.
Best,
Marty

Unknown said...

I'm worried too.

Beth said...

I'm with Marty. The racist tones I've seen from some of these folks have bothered me from the very beginning; they have really taken it up a notch now, and someone needs to step in and strongly condemn them for such hatred. They are not interested in discourse and discussion; they are simply angry. Some have even prayed for the deaths of anyone who voted for the health care bill. How can anyone pray for someone's death? That is obscene. Hugs, Beth