Thursday 11 March 2010

Home From the Beach, Visits tot the ER

Shalom:
Hi to all.
Yes, DB, we did build wonderful memories. I picked up my laptop from the shop for a quick clean up (and it was quick, little to down to get it back up to speed) so I will be posting pictures.
I also have pictures of some of Mark's time in Afghanistan that I hope to get in up soon.

We had three wonderful days. The first day was cold and rainy. Well, that is what we were told.
When Mark first came home, he had a cold.
Traveling, one is likely to pick up a bug somewhere.
And we had been treating it.
But Mark aslo has tubes in his ears seem to pick up an ear infection. Some days he was fine, but others days it wasn't.
During our time at the beach, his ears became to actually hurt. The Tylenol did help some.
On our way to the beach, we stopped and I treated Mark to Starbucks. It now has a new drink; Dark Cherry Mocha. And it is kosher as far as we can see, it is kosher. We truly enjoyed it. We had first brought it when we went to visit Mark's parnets, bringing them coffee, to spend a few hours with them.
The Holiday Inn is our favorite hotel and the one on the Beach didn't fail to please.
We had a room with a King size and even the first two mornings, we enjoyed Room Service.
The first night, I had grilled ginger salmon, Mark grilled tuna. Both were winners.
But we did pass on the New England Claw Clower (Not kosher, sorry)

When Mark first came home, he had a cold.
Traveling, one is likely to pick up a bug somewhere. And we had been treating it. But Mark aslo has tubes in his ears seem to pick up an ear infection. Some days he was fine, but others days it wasn't. During our time at the beach, his ears became to actually hurt. The Tylenol did help some.
So after allowing time to past from the wine we had enjoyed, I gave Mark some Nighttime meds to help with the cough.

The next way was beautiful. The clouds cleared and we even went out for a walk on the beach, taking pictures and even having our picutres taken.
That night, we found that this hotel had the best fish and chips on the beach. Not stripes of fish, but nice big pieces of fish one needed to use one's fnive tto cut. The chips, hot, long and thick. And we were aslo served Earl Gray tea. I thought it would help Mark's cough.
We had the smae for supper the following evening and this time they had chicken noodle soup.
By Friday morning, I realize my beloved shared his cold with me.
We got home and when I took another look at his ear, I send Mark to an Doc in the Box, telling him he didn't need to get on a plane next week with ear pain.
Because he was active duty, he was send to the ER. (This is before he started the chicken soup) So I finished Shabbat supper while Mark was at the ER.
But the great news is he was quickly seen, treated, given meds and on his way to the Drgustore in one hour.
So by the end of the weekend, he was feeling fine.
I, however, was gettting sicker.
After a night of coughing and Mark made another pot of chicken soup to freeze for my later use, that Mark packed me up and took me to the ER.
Mark had an inner ear, upper respiratory virus. His virus attacked my lungs.
What I had was a full blown asthma attack. And it was the lower lungs, not the upper that was affected.
It was so bad, at first the doctor was considering admitting me for an acute asthma if we couldn't get a handle on this.
If this had been the case, then Mark would have had to call and asked for a few more days home to take care of me. After five full treatments and 60mg of predisone, around 7pm, I began to turn the corner and by 9pm I was home.
So, the past few days, I am resting, working on slowly getting my breath and my life back.
Mark did leave Tuesday morning and it was hard to let him go. But he was able to leave knowing his wife was on the mend.
I see my doctor tomorrow, I am still short of breath.
But at least I still have some of the chicken soup Mark made me and enjoying the orange juice he stocked up on.
And enjoying the roses he left me.

No comments: