Sunday 21 March 2010

A lovely Tribute

Shalom:
Right now I am still wiping away tears.
I just read the latest post of Beth from Nutwood Junction. Last week her beloved father had a massive stroke and has since passed onto The Beautiful Land.
Her tribute to her father was so beautiful, so moving, that I wished to share it with my readers.
The love of a daughter. A good father, loving husband, a man who loved this nation, a man of faith and a good friend. His touch has reached far and wide, even to people who only got to know him through his daughter.
Beth's father was a giving man from what I could tell. One who lived his life to the full and also seem to bring joy and meaning to others along the way.
And that is one of the reasons we are all on this planet; to love and be loved, to move and be moved, to pour into the lives of others as well as recieve.
Your father continues to teach and inspire Beth.
Blessings my friend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Thank you so much for this, Laini. I know that Dad would be honored, surprised, and somewhat embarrassed to read what you wrote here. :) I am struggling a little bit right now, so I read this at a timely moment. Thank you. Hugs, Beth