Friday 19 March 2010

Got the Lamb

Hang in there, Laini. I keep telling myself that pain and sadness doesn't last forever; it will pass if we ride it out.
Hugs, Beth


First, thank you Beth. I know what a tough time you and your family are through and you are in my prayers.
Beth is right about riding out the storm.  And knowing that G-d is in the boat with me.
After my coffee, I did pick up the lamb and the rest of the things for Shabbat.
The sunshine felt good upon my face and it is actually warmer than I thought it would be. Close to 70.
I watched a man pick out flowers for his wife. A little girl carrying a large bottle of orange juice and placing it in the shopping cart. All the wonderful items for Passover and Dave, who manges the Kosher section told me that the rest of his Passover orders will be in next week.
There was a sale on strawberries, blackberries and blueberries and I brought a pint of each. They will be nice for dessert this evening and breakfast in the morning.
Depress, yes. But taking Beth's advise, I am holding on and riding it out.

3 comments:

betty said...

Beth gave you great advice Laini. and the nice thing is, even though it sounds like it is so far away, Mark will come home safely (God willing) and you two will be together again. If you focus on that fact hopefully it will make the waiting a bit softer to take

betty

Beth said...

I am so glad that you took some comfort from my words. I was truly amazed tonight at my Dad's viewing when I found strength in seeing so many people come out to pay their respects to him, so many people that he has touched over the years, and so many people that loved him and knew that he was a very special person.

I know that your Mark has such respect, and find your strength in that. Know that he loves you, as my Dad loved me, and you will find the strength you need to get you through this rough time.

My love and thoughts are with you, Laini.

Love, Beth

ocmist said...

Depression IS a very hard thing to live with and through. I KNOW as I've been there and done that. I pray and fight it when it starts to raise it's ugly head. I listen to beautiful music, take walks and enjoy the world that our creator has made, watch funny movies or read funny books... I will be praying for you! Linda