Friday 26 March 2010

Rainy Friday

Shalom:
The day began as a bright, sunny one. A friend came over, picked up the cookies I'd made for her and after dropping off Mark's Carepackage and picking up my Challah, we headed off to Starbucks.
My buddie Birdie and I had a wonderful time and I really needed to get out of the house.
The fact that Mark will not be here for Passover is hitting me hard. I keep wiping away tears.
It was Birdie who said I needed to get out and she even treated me to Starbucks.
But as the morning wore on, the clouds began to roll in and it started getting cooler. Soon, we were inside Starbucks, looking at the storm rolling in.
So, after a bit we headed to the store (I needed eggs for next week) and Birdie dropped me off and went to pick up her daughter at school.
Me?
It is cold and rainy which means matzah ball soup tonight. The bakery had chocolate chip Challah and that is a real treat for tonight.

A friend of my on facebook posted the following useful phases. I really could have used them earlier in the week., but I have written them down in my Phrase Book for future use.
And here there are:
 Useful phrases!
 I like you. You remind me of when I was young and stupid. I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant.
I'm already visualizing the duct tape over your mouth.
It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.
And my personal favorite:
Thank you. We're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
Thanks, David.
Back to my Shabbat preparations.
Shabbat Shalom Ya :)

2 comments:

ocmist said...

Yummy, Challah sounds really good from what I looked up about it. You must have to clean the yeast out before and then part way through be able to eat yeasted bread?

Special holidays ARE so hard for all of us that have loved ones we miss... at least yours is alive here on earth still, and you can count the days until his return! Continued blessings on you and Mark! Linda

ocmist said...

Yummy, Challah sounds really good from what I looked up about it. You must have to clean the yeast out before and then part way through be able to eat yeasted bread?

I should look up a recipe for Matzah Ball Soup. I bought some canned, and it wasn’t particularly good, but no jarred/canned soup is as good as homemade, is it?!

Special holidays ARE so hard for all of us that have loved ones we miss... at least yours is alive here on earth still, and you can count the days until his return! Continued blessings on you and Mark! Linda

P.S. I'm an old lady and now I can't remember if I sent this before or not so you may be getting two copies. If so, sorry about that. :)