Tuesday 23 December 2008

"Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence."
– Lin Yutang


Shalom:
Pt went will today. Mark had to go and get a Pet Scan to make sure the Cancer did not return. My therapist is pleased and now that I am no longer using the crutches to now start practicing lifting up my ribcage so I can start standing straight once again.
She reminds me that this is going to be slow going, but worth it in the long run.
I feel badly, however, since at this time I should be working atleast part-time to help out and I can't work at all.
But I have to keep giving myself the same sermon I give others: our hopes doesn't lie in the stars, a President or in ourselves, but in G-d. G-d has taken care of us in the past and He will do it again.
And that is the reason for this season; as a nation, these looked bad for the Jewish people. But G-d stepped in and we won! We got the Temple back. Yes, it was a bloodly mess (pig's blood had been spilled on the altar) and there was only enough for one night.
But Oil lasted eight nights. G-d doesn't always show up at the time you wish or even how you think, but He does.
That is why this is the season of Hope.

4 comments:

Liz said...

When will y'all know the results of Mark's scan?

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
All the best for the holidays ... I'm praying for the all-clear on Mark's pet scan.
Best,
Marty

betty said...

glad you are doing better, Laini; don't push it though so you don't get a setback or relapse; hoping Mark's scan comes back with good news!

yep, it is always good to wait on the Lord for his timing; its always the right timing in the right way!

betty

Unknown said...

Liz: we will have the results next week.
Marty; same at ya buddy. Mark said the doctor believes it going to be clean.
Koda; trust Mark isn't allowing me to over do :)