Monday 15 December 2008

A Short Post



Shalom:
I am wiped out!
Yesterday was awsome. Though going at first, the pace picked up and we have tons of fun. I did get pictures which I will post later.
Most of the day I was able to go without of my crutches. It was only the last 20 minutes or so that I needed them.


PT was a little tough today because of all of the sitting we did yesterday and they weren't the best seats. My Therapist told me to take it eay today.


It was so nice to meet many of the soldiers Mark works with as well as their families. The families really don't know each other and the unit wishes to change that. One the programs they wish to improve is the family readiness group. I have offered to help with that, knowing first hand what it is like to be a mililary bride flying solo and don't wish to see this happen to another spouse.
The aim; just as the unit comes together for their joined missions, we as the families will also begin to meet and support each other. There are over 60 children in our unit alone, along with spouses. And it is hard to have your loved one gone for a weekend, a week, a month or a year. It is rather nice to have those who not only understand, but have walked that road and willing to come aside with you.
It does make a difference.


There is more to tell, but right now, I am ready to fall asleep.


Nite all.

3 comments:

betty said...

glad you guys had a good time! so neat they are working on programs to get everyone to meet and have fellowship with each other to help in times of need!

looking forward to hearing more

betty

Joan said...

Glad you enjoyed your day please take it easy with your hip a little at a time my dear is good. Love Joan.

Beth said...

I'm glad it was such a great day! Military families are the unsung heroes.