Friday 5 December 2008

Quiet Day

Shalom:
It is a quiet day in the Reel house today.
That's because next week will be a busy one.
Mark is at a job Fair this afternoon, but will be back in time to welcome Shabbat.
I am picking up the LviningRoom. Properly named for we really do 'live' in here. There is no other place for my Laptop, I craft here while on the sofa and Mark reads while I am working on the computer, crafting or one of our movie nights.
My hip is feeling better today. Even with the stretches. I think it is the stairs that is still my undoing. But it's can't be helped.
Part of our plans starting next week is getting ready for Hanuakkah. I already have cards and stamps, so we need to go ahead and get them out in the mail. There is a special gift we wish to get to a friend and that too goes in the mail. Then there is the menu and the guest we wish to have over for the holidays. This year, Hanuakkah is the same week as Christmas, so we are hoping to have some of our family over as well this way they can get a taste and joy of Hanuakkah.
I have heard many people complain that after the first Day, Hanuakkah isn't that exciting.
That's because they never shared HanuakkahSpinning Dreidelwith the Reels Gold Coins Latkes Menorah

2 comments:

betty said...

it would be fun to share Hannukah with the Reels! I hope you write a lot about it; it will be fun to read how you celebrate it. Did I tell you that for about a 2-year period my mom was a "nanny/live-in housekeeper" for a Jewish family? this was right before/right after I got married. She learned so many of the customs through them; I really enjoyed when she shared that with me (like I enjoy reading your journal)

glad your hip is feeling a bit better

good luck to Mark and the Job Fair!! just keep looking!! that's the advice they keep giving people here looking for jobs; don't give up and keep looking

betty

Marty said...

Hi Laini,
Great to hear you're feeling a bit better. Hopefully, the nice quiet day helped.
Best,
Marty