Wednesday 3 December 2008

Turkey Soup

Boka Tov (Good Morning)
I am feeling the affects of PT this morning. I have taken my pain medication and now waiting for the coffee to brew. I preferr Scotch and coke at the moment, but the doctor said I can't mix the two.
Rats!
I did prepare a Turkey this year for our table. It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving otherwise. We just chose to hav it Shabbath.
Since I was a little girl, we have named the Turkry that had the honour of gracing our table. And this year was no exception.
Meet Abert the Turkey.
Ahhh....isn't he cute...
Ready for the Reel Table.....
Since we shared Thanks Giving with my mum, we had a small Dinner at home. This really became our Shabbath Supper and worked out well. All we needed to get was the Challah. Boy did my hip hurt from cooking. But it was worth it.
Monday I made Turkey Soup.
Mark never seen it made before, so he hung about our time kitchen, watching me cook. I love these times we share: I cook and we talk.
After chopping up the rest of the meat, you take the bones and place it into a large pot of water, adding a pitch of salt, a Turkish Bay leaf, a teaspoon of Sage. Chop up a cup of onion, carrots and celery. Let simmer 45 minutes. Five minutes before the finishs, add egg noodles.
Yummy.
Last night, before Mark's meeting, we polished off the last of the soup, so now I have to come up with something else for supper this evening.
Mark said something about Lentil Soup last night.
I think that was a hint.... On Second Thought









































2 comments:

Beth said...

Mmm, sounds delish! It cracks me up that you name your turkey!

Hugs, Beth

betty said...

LOL; I never heard of anyone naming a turkey before; and what a cute name for this year's bird :)

looked delicious!! I liked how you made the soup; I'll have to try that sometime

betty