Saturday 13 December 2008

Quiet Shabbat



Shalom:
First, thanks to everyone for their prayers and encouraging words. And yes Beth, the chicken soup made a huge difference Wink

Last night Mark and I weclomed Shabbat in by the skin of our teeth. Because of a busy week, we were running about getting everything done. Mark was upset because he didn't think we would be ready by sunset.

I took my beloved in my arms ans kissed his cheek.

"Last year during this time, everything was ready and perfect for Shabbat. But you weren't here. I rather rush through getting everything together by Shabbat with you, than to have it picture perfect and your in Iraq."

He smiled, kissed me and we went back to work.

Yes, we finished in time and yes, we had a wonderful evening.

Today with this being Mark's Drill weekend, I spend a nice quiet afternoon, reading, resting. My hip hurt some, so I did some stretches and felt better.

Tomorrow afternoon there is a unit Christmas party and we will be going. So, I will be making sugar cookies in the shape of Stars of David.

I think it is fitting.

The Chroncles of Narina is coming on this evening, but I don't think Mark will be able to stay awake to watch it.





6 comments:

Beth said...

This brought a tear to my eye, Laini. What a difference a year can make, eh?

I KNEW the chicken soup had something to do with it! ;)

Love, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Your kitchen and your smile are cozy :o)

Unknown said...

Thanks Ken. And yes, Beth, what a difference a year makes. It is so nice to have him home :)

betty said...

it is good that you can compare last year to this year and rejoice that this year is sooo much better than last year with the two of you together rather than apart; that alone makes every day a good day!

betty

Rose said...

What a beautiful smile! Glad hubby is home! Life is good.

Hugs, Rose

natalie said...

what a contrast!
each year can make a difference!
So glad Mark is home and you are having great times together!
love and hugs,natalie