Monday 1 December 2008

Your Kidding, Right?

Shalom;
I recieved a letter from someone who chose not to leave a comment on the journal. After reading that Mark and I did not have sex before we were married, this person asked: "your kidding, right?"
No, we are not.
We knew what 'it' felt like. But after repenting and turning our lives fully over to G-d (we didn't know each other at the time) we both took a vow not to have sex until we married.
And no, it was not easy.
The reason, clearly the Torah makes it clear that sex is for martial pleasure and for having children. This was a choice we made.
And when we became engaged, Mark would kiss my cheek, chin, hand and forehead. He wanted to be honourable and not behave less than a gentleman.
So, in our wedding program, in big, bold letters, we had written THE KISS! And boy what a kiss!
Sex is wonderful and beautiful; in the bonds of marriage between a man and his wife.

4 comments:

Janis said...

That's wonderful! Good for you! both my husband and I were virgins when we got married. We believe that God has us wait and boy are we glad we did! No additional baggage that needs to be dealt with!

God Bless
Janis

Unknown said...

Shalom Janis:
I know that in the world we live in today, our choice was quite strange, but we have no regrets. In fact, Mark told me during our honeymoon, he was honoured I waited for him.
I feel the same way.
Laini

betty said...

I'm surprised someone would email you with that comment; the nerve of them! I think you/Mark did the right thing by waiting; I wished I had; years ago but now I wished I had; I told you about our friends who wanted to wait and they too resolved not to kiss until the wedding ceremony. I think it is very admirable in this day and age to honor the Lord in this way :)

betty

krissy knox said...

Gosh, Elayne, I just now noticed this comment. This is one of the most beautiful stories I have ever heard of in my life. I am going to include it in my blog. I hope you don't mind. G-d bless you for your choice and your wonderful, wonderful, beautiful example. And G-d bless Mark!
Krissy :)
visit my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Hey Jlanders! Please post your blogs in the Directory of Blogs: from jland to blogger